PROFESSIONAL WORKSHOP SERIES
w/ DIRECTOR KRIV STENDERS | SYD & MELB
Work intimately in person with one of Australia’s most prolific and sought after film directors.
Through a unique approach, this workshop examines essential skills actors require on a professional set.
During the workshop, you will have the opportunity to:
• sit with Kriv as he explains his insightful format for which he constructs his scenes by watching rushes of his past work. Hear his direction with professional actors & the scenes evolvement through a ‘take by take’ process
• dive into the doing, while workshopping original scenes that Kriv has directed (scenes will be sent to you to learn prior to the workshop)
• receive direction & feedback from Kriv to further develop your on-screen craft
• know what is expected when you book that next job; get that competitive advantage & set yourself new standards
• learn from other actors’ work & feedback
• ask questions & learn valuable industry information during an open Q&A session
Sydney date | 15th Oct Time | 9am to 5pm Fee | $295
Sydney venue | Currency Press: Level 1, 164 James St, Redfern NSW 2016
Melbourne date | TBC Time | 9am to 5pm Fee | $295
Melbourne venue | Howard Fine Acting Studio: 8 Munster Terrace, North Melbourne VIC 3051
HOW TO APPLY | Entry is via selection - please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV, headshot & showreel, with subject line 'Kriv Stenders, Applicant'. Please also note if you are applying for the Sydney or Melbourne workshop.
KRIV STENDERS, Writer & Director |
One of Australia’s most renowned and respected film directors with numerous critically acclaimed and award winning shorts, documentaries, music videos, television commercials and feature films to his credit. His fifth feature, RED DOG, starring Josh Lucas and Rachel Taylor and released by Village Roadshow in 2011 earned over $22 million at the box office, making it the eighth highest grossing Australian film of all time and in 2012, it also become the highest selling Australian DVD of all time. RED DOG won both Best Director and Best Film at the 2011 IF Awards and the Best Film Award at the inaugural 2012 ACCTA Awards. His other feature film credits include: The soon to be released RED DOG: TRUE BLUE starting Jason Isaacs and Bryan Brown, KILL ME THREE TIMES, a darkly comic thriller starring Simon Pegg and Sullivan Stapleton, THE ILLUSTRATED FAMILY DOCTOR (Official Selection Tribeca Film Festival), LUCKY COUNTRY (Adelaide International Film Festival), BLACKTOWN (Audience Award Winner Sydney Film Festival), and BOXING DAY (Adelaide Film Festival Premiere and Jury Special Mention/ Best Actor Award at the Busan and Montreal Nouveu Cinema International Film festivals).
This year Kriv has worked on several high profile Australian TV shows, including HUNTERS for the US SyFy network, the feature film DANGER CLOSE staring Sam Worthington and has just started shoot for Australia Day. Kriv also continues to work as a director on numerous award-winning television and online advertising campaigns both in Australia and the Asian region.